If you’re considering solar for your home, you’re not alone. In the last decade, the number of homeowners going solar has skyrocketed. In 2019, residential solar installations in the U.S. reached 2.8 million – that’s a 15% increase from the year before.
There are several reasons why solar has become so popular, but one of the biggest is that it just makes good financial sense. With solar, you can save money on your electric bill, increase the value of your home, and even get paid by your utility company.
In states like California, Texas, and Oklahoma, solar is becoming increasingly common. It’s estimated that 20% of all homes in California will be solar by 2023.
If you’re thinking about going solar, there’s no better time than now. According to 2022 study from ERCOT, Texas residents saves more than $8 Billion dollars by shifting to renewable energy like solar (see graph below)
Here are the top 5 reasons why new US homeowners are going solar:
1. Save money on your electric bill: With solar panels, you can produce your electricity and reduce your reliance on the grid. This can lead to significant savings on your monthly electric bill.
2. Increase the value of your home: Homes with solar panels are in high demand and can sell for more than homes without them. This means that installing solar can increase the value of your home and make it more attractive to potential buyers.
3. Receive 30% tax credits and incentives: The federal government and many state governments offer tax credits and other incentives for installing solar. This can help offset the upfront cost of installation and make solar more affordable.
4. Reduce your carbon footprint: Solar power is a clean, renewable energy source that doesn’t produce harmful emissions. By using solar, you can reduce your carbon footprint and help fight climate change.
5. Get paid by your utility company: In some states, utilities will pay homeowners for excess solar energy that is fed back into the grid. This can result in additional savings and even revenue for homeowners. Overall, solar is a smart investment for US homeowners looking to save money and reduce their environmental impact. With the increasing availability and affordability of solar technology, there’s never been a better time to switch to solar.
To get expert advice, reach out to a trusted solar consultant from Renewables Hub - awarded No.1 Preferred Solar Installer in Texas and Oklahoma by the world's leading manufacturer of smart solar and microinverters, Hoymiles USA.